Saturday, July 11, 2009

Jaden Opening Gifts from the SPSC

So here' are a bunch of pictures I just happened to have handy on my memory stick.  I’m gonna try drag-and-drop.

[pic wuz here]

Oooh..  that was nice.  I dragged and dropped just one and it looks kind of cool.  Let’s try a couple more.

[pic wuz here] [pic wuz here]

Nice..  I did those at the same time and there they are, just where I plopped them.  Okay, now let’s see what happens when I publish.

File upload forbidden?!?  Ugh.  This might be simply because I’m behind a company firewall.  I guess I’ll just save this as draft for now and come back to it later.  But in the meanwhile I’m going to keep digging up info on alternate methods for uploading pictures to Blogger (ftp?).

So, it seems that I could probably ftp my images to another server, but I really don’t want to bother with that.  The Blogger webUI should allow me to select several pics at once.  Maybe I’ll try that now.  I guess this brings up a problem I’ve seen already from home with using PIcasa (client app) to “blog this” photos – I can only do four at a time – what the heck?!?  Hence the desire here to drag-and-drop as many pictures as I want into a blogging UI (client or web, I really don’t care) and write a post around them.

Okay, this should work, but maybe not until I get out from behind the company firewall.  Here’s some evidence I found..

If you have a blog hosted on Blogger, you can include local photos in your blog posts and Windows Live Writer will automatically upload them to your Google Picasa web account.

One day later I’m at home and about to attempt another blog upload, with pictures, from Windows Live Writer.  Wish me luck and cross your fingers..

“The remote server returned an error: (403) Forbidden.”  Ugh.  I’m putting the post up without pictures now.  Gotta think more about this.  ‘= (

No comments:

Post a Comment